BBC Reboots Homepage, What do you think?
[BBC] created an interactive guide to the new BBC Homepage, accessible here, for those who need specifics. The BBC Homepage beta will reportedly be released in stages. Here are some new key features:
- Visual-first design with carousel featuring colour coding to denote categories and icons to depict content type.
- Simple filters enabling users to simply tailor the page based on interests.
- Sliding ‘drawers’ to reveal more or less detail across showcases of most popular content across BBC Online at any time and real-time listings for BBC TV and Radio.
- At-a-glance aspects – news and sport headlines, weather forecasts with lottery and travel news updates to follow, plus traditional index-based navigation for quick look-up.
- In time, separate nations’ homepages united into a single product to provide relevant local and national information based on a user’s choice of location.